My life as a woman, wife and mother.

I’ve survived!

on October 17, 2012

Good morning! I’ve successfully managed to work for two days in a row! šŸ˜› I’m enjoying my time at work. I’m amazed at the things I remember after 5 years of being away. Granted, I did the job for 9 years so you’d think I’d remember something. Now it just comes down to new deadlines and remembering how to properly save files from Photoshop and Illustrator. Not too tough so far. The major change this time around is I’m temporary. Meaning, I don’t have to do the pagination, I’m there to help with the advertising workload. I also won’t have many ‘difficult’ accounts, those are already farmed out to the other full-time designers. That means I get easier things, fun things, pick-ups ads, etc. Fine with me!

The day goes quickly. I’ve gotten up each morning and worked out at home. One morning was cardio the other was No More Trouble Zones with Jillian. I’m feeling that DVD this morning, my buttocks are sore and stiff! LOL I eat a filling breakfast, have cappuccino at work and a piece of fruit mid-morning and that holds me until lunch. I get 1/2 hour for lunch and then a couple of hours later I go in the breakroom for a afternoon snack. I’ll admit I haven’t been eating as much at work because I’m not as hungry. Maybe not having a kitchen full of food is a benefit to working. šŸ™‚

Yesterday I finished eating my lunch in about 20 minutes so I headed outside for a quick 10 minute walk. It was a tad windy but the weather and sunshine was gorgeous. It was odd that an hour later it started to rain, but it was only a passing shower.

I’m done work at 4:15 and then I head to Tami’s house to pick up the girls. It’s nice to see Tami each day and to know that my kids are having fun playing while I’m away. I’ve been making suppers that don’t take a lot of prep work. So far that’s working out okay, we don’t eat much later than we normally would. The girls have been helping by unpacking their lunches and backpacks. It’s still a learning process for them, but C seems to pick up on it a lot quicker than the other one does.

My weight this morning was 149.2#, less than last Wednesday. I weigh in at work today again for the final Lose For Good weigh-in. I’m not sure that I’ll keep weighing in weekly. It requires a change of clothes each time and that’s just a pain in the butt. So I work today at Weight Watchers and again tomorrow night. That means tomorrow I have to pack my lunch AND dinner. More planning on my part.

This morning I get to go to Zumba Toning and possibly the regular Zumba class afterwards. I’m going to see how I feel after toning since my legs are pretty sore. I know I should stay to critique the class, but again, we’ll see how I feel.

After WW I have to get a few things at Walmart and some books from the library. I hope to be home around 2:30pm at the latest so I can have an hour or so to myself before the girls get home.

That’s it from me. I’m alive and enjoying working again. I especially like having to work 2 days, off 1 and then work 2 more. It breaks it up a bit for me and gives me a chance to catch up on things at home.

Enjoy the day!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: